question

developerjazzhaq avatar image
developerjazzhaq asked

Send parameters to cloud Script on event

I want make a function in cloud script that will be called from Playfab>Leaderboards>PrizeTable for top 10 players sending rank as a parameter to the cloud script. I will then grant Currency and Push Notification to the players from cloud script. Is It possible.

Player DataPush NotificationsLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's specifically what the Prize Table functionality is designed to do - perform actions on players based upon their position in the leaderboard. You can make calls to get the leaderboard, to grant VC or items, and to send push notifications in Cloud Script, but doing so for more than a few players really isn't going to be possible, as Cloud Script is really only designed for lightweight server logic - a few seconds of CPU time, at most (and calls to the server API are web API calls, so they do take a small amount time due to the communication between distinct servers).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

developerjazzhaq avatar image developerjazzhaq commented ·

What i want to do is call one function "GivePrize" for rank 1 to 10 and then inside GivePrize i will capture the rank and give Prize according to the rank. So is there any way to identify for which rank Give Prize was called?

Also i cannot make use of more than one action triggers due to my limit.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan developerjazzhaq commented ·

That's specifically what the Prize Table functionality does - it enables sending prizes and messages about those prizes to players. That's not something you'll be able to enable via Cloud Script , assuming a non-trivial number of players.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.