question

pingogamestudio avatar image
pingogamestudio asked

Set the time of timeout failed.

how to set playfab login failed timeout? For example, I want set the login process for 5 seconds, if after 5 seconds, the user also can not login successful, then set login failed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's entirely controlled client-side, so you can set your timeouts however you like. If you're using an engine that takes care of your SSL calls for you, you'd need to check it for the details of their timeouts. For example, here's the Unity thread on their WWW timeouts: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/how-long-is-the-www-timeout.118133/.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pingogamestudio avatar image pingogamestudio commented ·

Thank you for your reply. I just want to ask is when i use this method:

PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithEmailAddress(request, OnLoginWithPlayFabSuccess,OnLoginWithPlayFabFail)

If the network is weak, then it will take a lot of time to OnLoginWithPlayFabSuccess. I want set the timeout. For example, after 3 seconds, If can not reach to OnLoginWithPlayFabSuccess, it will automatically reach to OnLoginWithPlayFabFail.

Or How can I close the process of "LoginWithEmailAdddress" after 3 seconds. Because I am worried that if i am doing other things without waiting for it login process it will be some error after 10 seconds it login success.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan pingogamestudio commented ·

Yes, many issues with Internet communications are due to "last mile" problems to users. You can, of course always review your average response times via the API Usage Details report in the Analytics->Reports tab, in case you're concerned about the time to process the events, but you are correct that it's almost always going to be an issue with the player's connection.

Changing the timeout on your SSL calls is controlled by whatever HTTP library you're using. For example, if you're using WWW in Unity, have a look at this thread for info on the timeout: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/how-long-is-the-www-timeout.118133/

0 Likes 0 ·
pingogamestudio avatar image pingogamestudio brendan commented ·

Dear friends, thank you for your reply. If I use www.dispose(). The format is that
WWW www =newWWW(url);

www.dispose();

I want to know what is the url, if I use playfab login system?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.