question

vertigodogukan avatar image
vertigodogukan asked

Export Player Data

I was wondering if there are any way to retrieve player data from PlayFab. For example, if I store GAID of all players as Player Data(Publisher), how would I retrieve GAIDs of all players?

Player Datadata
8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

merlineus avatar image merlineus commented ·

@brendan, is it possible to export all player's data if I decide to switch from PlayFab in future?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan merlineus commented ·

We'll be providing more tools for data in a future update. Right now, you can collect all events from your game via the Event Archive (or make a copy via Snowflake), and if you were to choose to move off PlayFab, we could work with you to get you a one-time snapshot of your data (in CSV form).

0 Likes 0 ·
merlineus avatar image merlineus brendan commented ·

What about exporting users' passwords from PlayFab account in that case? Is it possible too?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The best way to approach this would be to understand what it is you're trying to do, specifically. That would allow us to help you design the right approach to the problem you're trying to solve. For example, a simple ID value could be something that you put in a custom player event whenever it changes. You could then collect those events via PlayStream webhooks or the event archive.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vertigodogukan avatar image vertigodogukan commented ·

Well, right now I store my players' Google Advertising ID in Player Data(Publisher) and at some point, I would like to get all of my players's Google Advertising ID for marketing(targeting them and their alikes). Is only way to achieve this is to put a custom event that sends GAID of my players and retrieve them later on via event archive(S3 bucket) or webhooks?

0 Likes 0 ·
vertigodogukan avatar image vertigodogukan commented ·

Also, perhaps there is a way to do it via cloud script? If there is, can you guide me through it ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan vertigodogukan commented ·

The best way to do this, if you want to collect all the info for all players, would be to either use an event that you can capture as I described, or else (assuming you have a web service you can use to collect info) use a Task to run a Cloud Script that makes a call via http.request to your server with the info for each player.

Another option may be to drive your marketing campaign via the Task system, though that depends upon the specifics of what tools you use for those campaigns.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.