question

psilvestre avatar image
psilvestre asked

How can I get linked accounts to Android Device Id, Custom Id or IOS Device Id?

I want to get linked accounts to Android Device Id, Custom Id or IOS Device Id and I expected a client method like GetPlayFabIDsFromFacebookIDsRequest (for Facebook Ids) or GetPlayFabIDsFromGameCenterIDsRequest (for GameCenter Ids) but related to these ids.

I could get it trying a login with these ids and checking if the login process could be done or not without creating the account automatically, but I don't think that it is the best solution.

Thank you.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Could you let us know what the scenario is that you're trying to design for? No player should have another player's Device or Custom ID, as that is a login credential. Having it means being able to sign into that account, effectively compromising the security of that player's account.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

psilvestre avatar image psilvestre commented ·

Sorry Brendan, you are right: for these methods I need an Authentication Session Ticket and I was trying to obtaining these accounts previously. I will try to do a common login without creating account automatically to check if exist an associated account.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.