question

Karl Loveridge avatar image
Karl Loveridge asked

How do I access Playfab Cloudfront

This is a stupid question. I've decided to use Playfabs Cloudfront service. Where do I get the Access Key, Secret Key and region information?

The content>File Management location appears to let me setup directory structure and upload files. But I've never set anything up or given instruction on how to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

To be clear, while the Content service does use CloudFront right now, it may not in future, so it's best to just refer to it as Content.

To add files to the Content service, you can either use the Game Manager, or the Admin API. When using the Admin API, the Secret Key you need for your header is the one specified on the Settings tab of your title. If you're using our Unity SDK with the editor extensions, this should auto-propagate for you.

To read files from the Content service, you only need to have a signed in player (for the Client API). Just make the call to get the content download URL, and then use the pre-signed URL you get back to access the content file.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Karl Loveridge avatar image Karl Loveridge commented ·

So if I use Playfab's interface, 1) Playfab will continue to offer some kind of content service and 2) if they decided to change to something else, and I use your interface, would the change be pretty much transparent to me a developer?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Karl Loveridge commented ·

Yes, the idea is that our API calls are the abstraction layer. So they will remain functional either way - if we have to change the functionality if and when we change the way the backend works, we would introduce new API calls and let the old ones continue to work as-is. But it's more likely that we would change the backend while keeping the API calls the same.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.