question

yirigivuco avatar image
yirigivuco asked

IOS push notifications

I'm generate certificate for ios push notifications and add it in playfab dashboard.
Also i'm configure playfab in my unity project, added necessary capabilities in xcode project.
When my game starts ios system is asking for enabling notification. Otherwise, there is succesfully completed RegisterForIOSPushNotification request. In Playfab player dashboard there is appearing option "Send ios notification", but when i'm launch that, there is no any notification on my phone.

Otherwise, after several minutes of launching app i'm getting "Error: iOS Push Notification Failed: Client has been unregistered for push notifications.." error.
Is there any suggestion where is problem?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yirigivuco avatar image yirigivuco commented ·

Also, when i'm trying to sign via postmans RegisterForIOSPushNotification method, i'm recieved such error:
{ "code": 400,
"status": "BadRequest",
"error": "InvalidAPIEndpoint",
"errorCode": 1131,
"errorMessage": "The URL for this request is not valid for this title. The correct API endpoint is https://1000.playfabapi.com" }
But this strange, because there is no such error on ios device.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

[edited to clarify that the InvalidAPIEndpoint error is for all APIs]

First, the InvalidAPIEndpoint error indicates an attempt to use an API call with a Secret Key or Session Ticket which indicates a different title. In this case, it's saying that the Session Ticket was for Title ID 1000 was used for the call, but the endpoint for the call was something other than https://1000.playfabapi.com.

For the issue you're seeing on Push Notification, please try the setup process described in the tutorial (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/push-notification-basics/push-notifications-for-ios) from the start - get a fresh certificate, and use it via that flow to set up Push. What we've seen is that Push setup in their service is remarkably fragile. Once it's working in your testing, it should not need to be re-added, but what we've seen is that occasionally, this process results in a GCM/SNS setup that has problems.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ignat-nee avatar image ignat-nee commented ·

Greetings!
I'm create new certificate, but when i'm trying to replace previous, i'm getting error: "Invalid parameter: Name Reason: An application with the same name but different properties already exists".
How can i remove previous certificate?
I'm hear there is a option to renaiming my app from dashboard, but i'm fear there is will be players problems in game while im proceed that operation.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ignat-nee commented ·

No, changing the name won't cause any issues. But if you prefer, you can let us know the Title ID and we can explicitly remove the SNS configuration for it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.