question

Karl Loveridge avatar image
Karl Loveridge asked

How to get display name of store items?

I am writing the code to interpret the data from Prefab for my store to display prices and description of items. I was surprised to not get the display name or description in the StoreItem Classes I got back from the GetStoreItemResult.

Is it expected that I need to use the Custom Data for each store item to access this information? Whats the recommended practice to handle this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The normal way to get all the info for your catalog/store items is to get both the catalog and the store, so that you can look up the more global catalog data using the store item's ItemId values. If there's a strong need for it in our community, we could also look into having more of the catalog-defined data returned as part of the store items, as well.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Karl Loveridge avatar image Karl Loveridge commented ·

Have you seen people cache off the catalog once on startup so they don't have to query over and over over the net? I suppose the con of that is if a user kept the game open for a long period, they wouldn't get changes that I might send up to the server once the game goes live.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Karl Loveridge commented ·

Yes, normally a title queries the catalog once at the start, and then keeps that data locally for re-use later. One way to avoid issues with changes later is to make sure to use the catalog version system (so, all items are in one catalog, and you add a new catalog version when you update, putting the version identifier in Title Data, so that the client knows when to update).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.