question

schweizerbenjamin97 avatar image
schweizerbenjamin97 asked

Webhooks for PhotonChat

Hey,

is it possible to configure webhooks in playfab to use them for the photon chat? Because the only method to have persist channel history is with webhooks..

Or maybe there is another solution with the playfab cdn?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, no - the problem is that you need a data store that can be updated at high frequency, and can be read from and written to by many users. We don't provide a generic data system that manages both scaled read by tons of users (things like Title Data, Title News, and Publisher Data are sharded and cached, so they can do this), while at the same time being able to be written to by many users (Leaderboards would be a good example of this), so you would need to use an external data table for this. Normally, systems that can do both have to be custom-tailored to the specific requirements of the feature, since a truly generic system that could do both would be horrifyingly expensive to operate.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

company avatar image company commented ·

I also would like to know the same Benjamin already asked: can i configure photon chat webhooks? To our own server. As we cannot log in to Photon Chat due to Playfab has our Photon account handled. Or can we log in to Photon Chat website somehow?

https://doc.photonengine.com/en/chat/current/reference/webhooks#setup

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan company commented ·

We provide webhooks for Photon Realtime. The scenario of using webhooks to store all chat data is not supported currently. If that's not the scenario you have in mind, can you describe in more detail how you'd be using webhooks with Photon Chat?

0 Likes 0 ·
company avatar image company brendan commented ·

Sure, i just need to be able to setup the webhooks to our server. I dont know how to setup it myself as i cannot access (at least dont know how to access) Photon Chat Webhooks setup site. Do you think you can set up it for me or grant me access by providing login information to Photon website?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
company avatar image company company commented ·

So the problem here is that I am using Photon Chat through Playfab, so i dont really own the necessary login information to set up Photon Chat Webhooks. Can you tell me how to solve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan company commented ·

Ah, I see. In general, if you want to have that level of control over your Photon Chat account, I'd recommend creating it directly with Exit Games. I'm happy to set up the BaseUrl/CustomHttpHeaders to your custom values, but you would not have direct control over those values, and short of having an contract with private support options, I can't guarantee how quickly we could update those settings if you needed us to.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.