question

fiveampsoftware avatar image
fiveampsoftware asked

Is it possible to remove Google API Key from a dev title?

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to remove a Google API key from a project? We have two projects, a dev and prod (my account is currently associated with them - FB03 is the dev account). I linked up my Google API Key (Firebase Messaging) to it and it looks like I can't add it in the prod version. Is it possible to transfer these keys to our prod title or at least remove it from our dev instance?

Thanks!

-Kevin

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, it's usually best to have separate apps set up in Google Play, specifically to avoid this issue. We can remove the push setup from that Title ID if you'd prefer to move that key to the production title.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fiveampsoftware avatar image fiveampsoftware commented ·

Yes, that would be great!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fiveampsoftware commented ·

Okay, it has been removed - let us know if you encounter any issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
fiveampsoftware avatar image fiveampsoftware brendan commented ·

Hi Brendan - it looks like now we can't add the api key to the Production title, it says the following message http://imgur.com/a/9AJCT

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
fiveampsoftware avatar image fiveampsoftware commented ·

Yeah it looks like it's still not working, just tried it. Seems like it's an error message from Amazon SNS?

Error

Invalid parameter: Name Reason: An application with the same name but different properties already exists

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fiveampsoftware commented ·

It looks like this may have been due to an old ARN for your non-dev title. I've removed that one as well, so please give it another shot.

0 Likes 0 ·
fiveampsoftware avatar image fiveampsoftware brendan commented ·

Great, just did. Works like a charm, thanks so much :) - Kevin

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.