question

glen avatar image
glen asked

What happens if we go over Display Name Filter limit?

Will we continue to be able to filter display names if we run over our currently selected tier? Is it possible to automatically bump up the tier? Is there a grace period with a notification email? It's very difficult to forecast the number of users which may install and play our game and if a massive influx happens for any reason we want to ensure that display name filtering will continue.

Also, in the limits page the pricing doesn't include the per month element which makes it seem like a bulk purchase option. The only reason I know it's per month is because I went to the Add-ons page.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We've updated the text of that option to make it clearer. Since we can't reasonably charge you for something you didn't agree to, the way it works right now is that the filter is on up to the monthly limit - past that, it does not filter. There's a notification email that goes out when you exceed your limit, and you can see current usage in the limits page, but you are correct that a sudden surge of players could put you over your limit if you should happen to get a massive influx of players all at once. So let me ask - in that case, would you prefer an option that auto-renews for another block of users at the same cost, an option to auto-upgrade you to the next level, or an option to turn off new account creation and username changes if you exceed the limit?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

I'd prefer to have an auto-upgrade option. Especially considering that the cost per filtered name gets lower in higher tiers.

Having an email which goes out prior to exceeding your limit could be useful. Perhaps it gets sent out at 90% capacity or similar. This would give time to react before exceeding the limit.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan glen commented ·

One way or another, that there should be a way to automatically ensure that filtering doesn't simply stop. We're having an active discussion on this internally, and I expect we'll be changing how that works in the near future.

0 Likes 0 ·
glen avatar image glen glen commented ·

Awesome, sounds great!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.