question

Chris B. avatar image
Chris B. asked

LinkFacebookAccount unlinking account even with ForceLink = false

Hello,

Recently because of iOS we had to add an anonymous log in feature. So we also included a way to link a Facebook account to the users account to allow them to access their data on multiple devices, coins, etc.

However, we realize that sometimes players may switch devices or want to play on multiple devices and accidentally log in with the anonymous feature and then want to switch to their Facebook account. Currently, the button to link accounts tries to Link their account first. We set ForceLink = false, expecting that we would then get an error that the Account was already linked, to which we could just log in the user.

It seems we are not getting the expected behavior and if the Facebook account already exist, it still is being unlinked and linked to the player's newly created anonymous account, thus resulting in the possibility of losing any progress on the Facebook account.

PlayFabClientAPI.LinkFacebookAccount(new LinkFacebookAccountRequest
        {
            AccessToken = AccessToken.CurrentAccessToken.TokenString,
            ForceLink = false

This is all we're doing for the linking, then we handle the success or fail as needed.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chris B. avatar image Chris B. commented ·

Nevermind. Think the issue is solved. Couldn't find a way to delete the post. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris B. avatar image Chris B. commented ·

I appear to have spoken to soon. I thought I fixed it, but the ForceLink = false is still unlinking a Facebook account to attach to the anonymous account.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you please provide a Title ID and PlayFab ID for this, so that we can review? Also, can you confirm that you are specifically determining whether an account is linked via GetAccountInfo or GetUserAccountInfo?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sean avatar image
sean answered

We're seeing the same thing here. One of our test accounts was unlinked from Facebook as well.

10 |1200

Chris avatar image
Chris answered

Hi, same thing is happening to me, with the even weirder case that the facebook account, after being linked, is present in both players.

what I did :

• Login with device id at start
  • link facebook
  • login with another machine with device id
  • LinkFacebookAccount with ForceLink=false
  • Result : facebook account linked anyway, and is still present in old account.

If there was a better way to check if facebook id is allready linked, I could do that, but I didn't find any...

3 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Can you please provide the Title ID and the PlayFab IDs of the users in question? Also, can you confirm that you have checked what accounts are linked using GetAccountInfo/GetUserAccountInfo? There is a known issue with the display of linked accounts in the Game Manager which will be fixed shortly, but the actual account links are correct, if that's what you're seeing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris avatar image Chris brendan commented ·

Hi,

TitleID : FC62,

and accounts :

• 48BC8DBBB9EA25FA
  • C0D5A96891B2DFF2

My only check was by going in the Game Manager, so maybe it got dislinked from the previous account. Nevertheless, it still got linked to the new one, which wasn't the desired behaviour

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Chris commented ·

Yes, this is related to the issue I mentioned. In fact, PlayFab ID 48BC8DBBB9EA25FA is not linked to Facebook at all. It was unlinked either via an explicit call to unlink the account, or by using the ForceLink option in the link call for the other user account. Once we've verified all possible cases for linking and unlinking accounts, we'll be putting together a script that will update all player accounts to correct that info.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.