question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

InvalidParams when calling UpdateUserTitleDisplayNameAsync

I'm calling PlayFabAdminAPI.UpdateUserTitleDisplayNameAsync with what should be pretty straightforward parameters:

- PlayFabId: "CBBB...8" as it appears in the Dashboard

- DisplayName: "Lisk"

And I receive an InvalidParams error.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I should also add that ErrorDetails is null.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) answered

Figured it out by referring to this thread:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/9320/cant-save-duplicate-displayname.html

It appears that there is an open bug that InvalidParams is returned when instead NameNotAvailable should be returned.

I simply had to delete the old Lisk, re-ran the code, and it worked.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yep, good catch - I'll check on the status of that bug and up its priority.

1 Like 1 ·
sevdanski avatar image sevdanski commented ·

Bumping an old thread here. This still appears to be a bug.

I hit this problem when using *PlayFabAdminAPI.UpdateUserTitleDisplayNameAsync()*

I was able to get around it using the work around explained in the link (ie: handle a InvalidParams result)

1 Like 1 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ sevdanski commented ·

It looks like that bug is old enough and low enough in priority to have dropped off the team's radar. I'll give it a bump. But, just to set expectations, with a fairly straightforward workaround and minimal impact, I wouldn't hope for a quick fix.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.