question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Does calling PlayFabMatchmakerAPI.StartGame without any available servers return a failure callback?

According to the docs here:

https://api.playfab.com/documentation/matchmaker/method/StartGame

It seems this call will either return a successful response, or InvalidParams, or BuildNotFound.

But what if there are no available game servers?

Will there be a response such as "NotEnoughGameServers"? If not, any recommendations on how to fail gracefully? (e.g. I want to log useful error messages and ideally tell the client what is going on. Later, I'd like to implement a queue where people can wait until a game server is available)

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

StartGame attempts to start a new instance of the game on a server. If there are no available instance slots in the specified region, it will return InvalidParams, with the error details stating that there's no available capacity.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Berk Unal avatar image
Berk Unal answered

How do you call StartGame after getmatch result? I can not understand how to do the api call on unity.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.