question

paulcmoi51 avatar image
paulcmoi51 asked

Get emails of players

Hey,

I would like to send email to all players from a segment, but i couldn't find a way to get email from players in apis.

User account info or Players in segment didnt give this information.

Is it a way to get email from a playfab user with its playfab id ?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paulcmoi51 avatar image paulcmoi51 commented ·

I could not edit my post :

"Is there a way to get email from a playfab user with its playfab id ?"

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

As stated, we do now have email messaging as an Action available in PlayStream. You can read all about this new feature here: https://blog.playfab.com/blog/announcing-email-messaging.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We will be enabling more ways to retrieve the player profile in a future update, and we'll also be adding the ability to send emails to customers via PlayFab. Right now, the workaround for this would be to use the profile data you get back from the leaderboard query. So, in your admin tool, get the list of players in the segment via GetPlayersInSegment, then call GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer to get a set of players with their profile info. Use that to iterate across players that match those in the profile, removing them from the "to do" array you have from the initial GetPlayersInSegment call. When you have finished sending mails to that set of players, make another leaderboard call to get another batch, etc. That way, the email process will naturally gate the rate at which the leaderboard queries occur, so that you don't wind up calling at an excessive rate.

4 comments
10 |1200

merlineus avatar image merlineus commented ·

Hi,

Any progress on this?

As for new projects the best approach is to save user's email in PlayerInternalData, I think.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan merlineus commented ·

We're currently working on a system for defining email templates and using them in a PlayStream Action ("email user"). It should be available within the next 2-3 sprints.

0 Likes 0 ·
robert-1 avatar image robert-1 commented ·

Have you made any strides with enabling us to acquire/export our player data? The workarounds mentioned above are not optimal. We should be able to easily access our player data. Any progress?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan robert-1 commented ·

You can easily export all data for your players to your own servers via http.request in Cloud Script (which could then be used via a Scheduled Task). It's not possible for us to offer a "download all data for all my players option" by default, as the download of megabytes of data per player, across thousands or even millions of players has significant cost which would have to be accounted for. If you choose to move off PlayFab, we can provide a full dump of all your data as a one-time operation.

However, specific to this question, we do now provide an email Action as part of PlayStream. Have a look at our blog post (linked above) for more info on this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.