Idea

durmusalicollu avatar image
durmusalicollu suggested

Second value for Leaderboard

Hi,
Leaderboards are ordered by one Statistic name. In some cases, that value can be same for a few players. Adding secondary value can help them to sort. Even third value can be added.

Example: Kill count of 5 players can be same, let's say 30. In this case, we can look for how many item they looted, or how short was the ending the level, to sort them out, instead of saying all 5 is has the fist place.

Sorting them by name or id is not that much fair :/

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
damjan avatar image
damjan commented

I agree.

In some cases multiple stats should be taken into account when ranking players on a leaderboard.

For example, if a game is about collecting coins or gems, and two or more players colected the same number of coins/gems, which one should be ranked on top?
In that case we need a secondary stat like time it took for them to collect, or number of moves they've taken to collect.

I need that functionality for my game, very soon.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

In general, leaderboard systems are based on the score of the player, and the time the score was posted (first scored wins, in a tie). If you need the ordering of a leaderboard to be more complex, the best approach is to combine the things you need into one statistic. So, in this example, have the main score be the high-order bits of the score, and the secondary value you're ordering on be the low order bits.

0 Likes 0 ·
gameever avatar image gameever brendan commented ·

Is the time feature available? we need to be able to know who scored the highest score first in case of a tie. This is very important for any leaderboard. I did some tests in my game and the order in ties seems to be random.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.