Idea

Shawn Clark avatar image
Shawn Clark suggested

Auction / Trade Market

Hi,

I am curious if there is an plan to offer a trade or auction market type of service? The idea being that you can put an item up for trade, have others bid / offer items or currency, and the ability to accept an offer or have an offer automatically accepted after a certain time period.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

10 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

It's in our backlog for future development. Basically, we entered trading as having multiple "stages", the first one of which is in place - being able to create trades and have players accept them. Stage two would be a marketplace that allows people to make trade offers and find those of others, and stage three would be an auction system, where people could bid on trades (and outbid each other). Basically, each is progressively more complex. Since you called out both, which are you more interested in seeing for the purposes of this feature request?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shawn Clark avatar image
Shawn Clark commented

Mainly wanting to get a feel for what functionality would be available as part of building a game on the platform. There are a number of variations on how to handle a item marketplace / auction / trading system. The primary one I would be interested in is the auctions where players can bid against each other on items with the virtual currency. Although I am open to thinking through other ways to handle the marketplace depending on what is available.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Thanks - appreciate the feedback. You are correct that there are quite a few ways to run an auction house or trading system. When this does bubble up in our priority list (when enough people are asking for it, effectively), we'll be reaching out to folks to get feedback on a design for this.

10 |1200

Nicco Niccosw avatar image
Nicco Niccosw commented

I am also interested in this. Last year I was one of the people pushing for this feature and I'm thankful that Playfab got a basic trading system working. More development in this direction would be exciting.

Also: I'd like to request a Trading system Recipe and/or Tutorial.

10 |1200

williamgutierrez50 avatar image
williamgutierrez50 commented

Hi, I am looking for this functionality in playfab too... is nice to see other people interested in it

10 |1200

williamgutierrez50 avatar image
williamgutierrez50 commented

is there a way to implement a system trade or auction between users?

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

You can trade items between users via the Trading API calls:

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client#Trading

What we'll be adding in future is a system for discovery, and then after that a way to allow players to "bid" on trades. We don't have a date for those updates yet, but upvoting the Idea is indeed the best way to help move it up the priority list.

1 Like 1 ·
frozenvortexgames avatar image
frozenvortexgames commented

I would also be interested in a feature like this too, just thought I'd comment here to see if that would increase priority or something like that?

10 |1200

sevdanski avatar image
sevdanski commented

An auction house would be great. So would the ability to trade stackable items.

I would like to be able to trade specific item instances between two players. I am planning on have items that have unique properties so the actual item is important.

Looking at the trade API, it looks as though opening a trade only lets you request CatalogItemIds from the other player, which isn't really suitable to my needs.

I could accomplish what I want server side, but it looks as though the trade system is not available there yet? Is that coming anytime soon?

2 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Our latest blog post has info on the things we're working on for release in the near future. A trade market is in our backlog, but we don't provide estimates for things that aren't locked in the schedule, as that could cause issues if you were to take a dependency on something where we wind up having to shift the date later. Keep an eye on our blog site for info on future development work, as we update our schedule.

0 Likes 0 ·
sevdanski avatar image sevdanski brendan commented ·

Thanks for the tip - I had totally missed the blog post. It sounds pretty awesome

0 Likes 0 ·
tbriley avatar image
tbriley commented

+1 for this. I've recently done a couple of experimental projects built on Ethereum and NEO. The DLT space is built on a lot of hype at the moment, but there's some really cool things you can do when you open up the economies to developers and players. While these technologies mature I'd love to have better traditional PlayFab tools for this, especially around trading + auctions.

10 |1200

Rock Bolton avatar image
Rock Bolton commented

Has anyone tried using an Azure Table for this? Just started playing with CosmosDB and it deems like you could put something together using that and cloudscripts (or server side code)

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas