Idea

Pat avatar image
Pat suggested

Guilds / Clans

Hi, I just wondering if you have a time frame on when Guilds are coming out. I thought I saw some Cloudscript way of doing it in Github or something but I couldn't find it. 

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

This feature is also very important for the project I'm working on. Our preferred timeline for this feature would be no later than March 2017.

Social features are one of the major contributors to long term retention. This is why social apps like Facebook, Snapchat, etc, have such amazing retention. So, from my perspective integrating these types of features are incredibly important to the success of a game.

0 Likes 0 ·
hampusbankler avatar image hampusbankler commented ·

I would love it if we could get at least rudimentary support for this soon! It feels like something that is generic enough that a lot of games would benefit from this feature. :) Keep up the good work!

0 Likes 0 ·

3 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

(moving to feature requests)

As a live service, we're constantly having to adjust our schedule based upon real-world usage. For that reason, we can't really provide target dates for features that aren't near completion as anything that causes us to change our schedule could then cause a disruption to a title that takes a dependency on the date we stated. It is possible to create a limited form of Guilds using a combination of Shared Group Data and Cloud Script, but ideally, we would prefer to provide the feature directly. If you can send us your key dates via devrel@playfab.com, we can make sure to add that to our tracking info for the task.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andreas avatar image
andreas commented

For us at Strange Quest, this is also a crucial feature when deciding on BaaS. If the module will not be in place in the near future, would it be possible with todays features to create something similar with basic functionality like: Join among clans (send request), Invite to clan (through userId or similar), See members in clan, give members some kind of role (admin/member/coadmin), see selective stats between clanmembers, keeping some kind of clanlevel data (description, leaderboard rank, clan_banner image etc)

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Sorry, if there were a way to build a robust Clan/Team/Guild feature now using existing features, we would have posted a blog, tutorial, or at least forum article on how to do so. We're working on a new data system currently, which will be the basis for this feature, so we'll be working on it after the new data system is available.

1 Like 1 ·
Dmitrii Osipov avatar image
Dmitrii Osipov commented

as i can see this feature has been implemented already

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas