Idea

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt suggested

Allow API to verify JUST the email without requiring password

Currently, you must require both email and password to check if an account exists --

For example, I'd like to use a dual form for both registration and logging in - 

The user enters his email and I'd query to API to see if email exists. Exists? Enable login button. Doesn't exist? Show registration fields (password etc) and change text to register.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
dragonfoundry avatar image
dragonfoundry commented

You can do this already (we built exactly this flow in our game). The error codes returned from login are different between "AccountNotFound" (no account with that email) and "InvalidUsernameOrPassword".

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Roshaan avatar image Roshaan commented ·

@Brendan Can you please explain the process how to do that? I also want to check upon sign-up if the email user entered is available or not? And if yes, then proceed to create account form otherwise prompt an error that this email does not available or already registered.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Roshaan commented ·

Specifically what dragonfoundry just said. Calling LoginWithEmailAddress with an email address that isn't the account email for a player in your game returns "AccountNotFound". Calling it with one that does, but the wrong password (something random, for example), returns "Invalid email address or password".

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas