Idea

Wayne Karo avatar image
Wayne Karo suggested

More robust search for Players in dashboard UI

Currently you have to type the exact Player ID or player name in the Player ID search field on the Players tab of the dashboard.  When searching by name, it would be nice to be get a list of similar names or be able to search using * and ?.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Unfortunately, wildcard searching across a data table of (potentially) millions of users would be an expensive operation, and we try to keep the cost of the service low so that we can continue to provide the free core services. That said, I'll file a backlog item for this, and we'll continue to track on the voting for this request.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Gwertzman avatar image
James Gwertzman Deactivated commented

We have just implemented full-text searching for players, with support for wildcards. So you can now search for "wa*" and find Wayne, for example. You can also search for steam ID's, facebook ids, search for user ID, etc. You can also use "AND, OR" modifiers, etc. Helper text will be added shortly to explain the full syntax, but it's based on Elasticsearch if that's helpful.

10 |1200

Ben R. avatar image
Ben R. commented

This still seems like it's not working in some circumstances, maybe just over Kongregate IDs.

In my game/title (E82C) searching for 'ScaryBee' (me) returns nothing but searching for my full PlayFab ID (F71AC54DB5CFB4EC) works and shows the Kongregate ID correctly as ScaryBee. It does work for lots of other players Kongregate IDs, not sure why some % don't.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Our updated Elasticsearch is now able to look up players across usernames (PlayFab and integrated third-party), as well as all IDs and email addresses. Let us know if you're still seeing any issues looking up players.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas