Idea

Martin avatar image
Martin suggested

Link Email and Password without providing username to an Account

As described here (see also comments): https://community.playfab.com/questions/68177/link-email-and-password-to-anonymous-account.html?childToView=68338#comment-68338

it would be very convenient for the player to remove seemingly unnecessary condition to provide username in AddUsernamePasswordRequest. There should be another request - AddEmailPasswordRequest which does not require username.

As there is already register method that does not require username - RegisterPlayFavUserRequest, this should be possible.

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
poppedri avatar image
poppedri commented

Just wanted to post and say I agree with this. Depending on how your account system is set up, having a required username might be redundant. Namely if you allow to a user to set a Display Name after an anonymous login.

Also, if a user is going to login with LoginWithEmailAddress, then what purpose does the username serve exactly? I feel like I may be missing something.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.