Idea

kamyker avatar image
kamyker suggested

Add PubSub or notifications service

Almost all BaaS support this feature: - brainCloud: a) Chat (one-to-many channel based notifications with history, also global channels) b) Messaging (one-to-one notifications) c) Events (one-to-one notifications with history) - Beamable: a) Announcements (server-to-all notifications) b) Notifications (one-to-many player id based notifications) c) Mail (one -to-one notification with history) - Accelbyte Foundations (free version) a) Chat Personal (one-to-one player id based notifications) b) Chat Party/Global (one-to-many notifications) c) Notifications (one-to-many player id or server-to-all notifications)

I know that Azure offers SignalR but its pricing doesn't match serverless nature of PlayFab and starts at a steep $50/month or with autoscaling at $60/month. It's also difficult to use and configure properly (see how many docs pages there are https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-signalr/signalr-concept-internals).

Since PubSub/SignalR was added to Matchmaking and Lobby, couldn't PlayFab finally add it as a general service?

Only proper alternative I found is Ably that seems to have no minimum pricing https://ably.com/pricing but I'd rather use something from Azure/PlayFab.

testtopic
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
kamyker avatar image
kamyker commented

Can't edit...

brainCloud:

• Chat (one-to-many channel based notifications with history, also global channels)

• Messaging (one-to-one notifications)

• Events (one-to-one notifications with history)

Beamable:

• Announcements (server-to-all notifications)

• Notifications (one-to-many player id based notifications)

• Mail (one -to-one notification with history)

Accelbyte Foundations (free version)

• Chat Personal (one-to-one player id based notifications)

• Chat Party/Global (one-to-many notifications)

• Notifications (one-to-many player id or server-to-all notifications)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kamyker avatar image kamyker commented ·

I have to say lists look terrible...

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas