Idea

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr suggested

[renamed] Copy Catalog item properties to instances

When I grant an Item to a user, the item attributes are not copied.

It would make sense that the base attributes of the items are propagated to the user's item during grant process, and then we can manipulate them independently...

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

6 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

This is the expected behavior, as the CustomData at the Catalog level is intended to be global, so that you can update it once and have all players be using the new values (so that you can tune your game post-launch). Please see this post for a full discussion of this: https://community.playfab.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205597558-are-catalog-item-attribute-updates-cascaded-to-player-inventories-

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr commented

Hi Brendan,

I understand that it's not a bug, but if items attributes were copied on the user's item instance, I could have both world : I can make them evolve for each player, and I can also query "master item" attributes to get global values if needed.

My players buy items with certain characteristics and then pay to upgrade these characteristics.
I understand that I can, for each granted, item loop on its master item attributes and copy them manually, but it would save time and processing if done when grant. Should I post in feature requests ?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

I'll add a backlog request that we add an option in the call for the properties to be copied (we can't change to have all inventory do this, as that would cause problems for existing games). And no worries, I've moved this thread to Feature Requests (and re-titled it) so that it's available for others to vote on.

10 |1200

Michael Lefebvre avatar image
Michael Lefebvre commented

Please add this feature.

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Could you please use the "like" option on the original request? That's specifically what we use as the input from the Feature Requests forum, for our prioritization reviews.

0 Likes 0 ·
Yaser avatar image
Yaser commented

Yes please, add this feature. Thanks for posting this.

10 |1200

Kevin Bass avatar image
Kevin Bass commented

+1 please add this feature

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas