My Game Studio suggested

HTTP echo header

Hello,
Such as the following:

HTTP Request Header:
X-ActionID : <GUID>

HTTP Response Header:
X-ActionID : <GUID>

Primary reason for this is request<->response pairing, currently if you have a TCP socket with Keep-Alive enabled you can send out of order requests (2 requests before a response) and you lose the capacity to pair them together leading to data contention and lose of context.

Thank you!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

7 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Which SDK are you using? We did add customData to our calls, in order to assist developers with this. Is that not an option in your case?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio commented

Using Unreal Blueprint SDK - However using it from C++ and not blueprint. I don't see any code referencing that functionality.

is customData a field in the API? Does it get echoed? Is it documented ?

Additional notes - The diffs generated by your automated build (Jenkins) is damn near impossible to parse into usable information as every single file is updated with the version number, doubt this is something you can change but does it ever get on my nerves!

The releasenotes also don't show API updates to the Unreal* SDKs at all so I'm not sure whats going on there, Is Unreal not a primarily supported platform? As the Blueprint SDK is currently in a completely unusable state due the earlier bugs reported.

Thanks!

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

The customData field is available in the Unreal C++ SDK, but since the design pattern for Blueprints is (in general anyway) to use them in their visual scripting tool, the customData field doesn't exist in that SDK. If you're using C++ anyway though, why not use the Unreal C++ SDK we have?

I do see that the customData isn't well documented in the SDKs, so I've opened a bug with the tools team on that. If you switch to the C++ SDK (or any other that includes it), it's simply arbitrary data which is returned with the results of the specific call - so it can be whatever you want.

As stated on the other thread about the issue with the Blueprint SDK (simultaneous messages), we're aware of it and will be fixing it as soon as we can.

For our release notes though, anything which is not SDK specific applies to all SDKs, so yes, the Blueprint SDK has been kept as up to date as the other SDKs.

10 |1200

My Game Studio commented

I use a mix of C++ and Blueprint in my Unreal Project so it did not feel wise to include two discrete SDK for that purpose as I can use the blueprint SDK from C++ just fine.

Can I open a feature required for a Unified Unreal project that correctly wraps the UnrealC++SDK with UFUNCTION/UCLASS/UPROPERTY so I can be reflected into blueprint as one package?

Thank you for the documentation update bug report.

Unreal makes not a single appearance at all in release notes, even on the release of the Blueprint version. That doesn't seem odd?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

No, I wouldn't say it's odd. Until recently, we had no one reporting any issues on that SDK, so there wasn't anything that was updated, outside the updates that applied to all the SDKs.

Thanks for the additional info. I'll put in a request with the tools team for a unified SDK such as you describe, but I do have to caution that it'll very likely be some time before they can get to it, based on their current load and priorities (we prioritize in part based upon how many developers are asking for each thing in our backlog). But would you not also need UCLASS and UENUM?

10 |1200

My Game Studio commented

Ah I understand then, sorry if I came off abrasive, wasn't my intention.

Other APIs get a "Initial release of ____"  as a SDK specific change where Unreal didn't even get a mention when the SDKs were released.

Are upstream patches accepted from customers? I've made some changes to the Blueprint SDK that fixes data contention by tracking request<->response, Fixes the settings scope errors, gives a clean interfaces in both C++ and Blueprint.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

No worries, and that's a good point - I'm not sure why the Blueprint SDK isn't in there as an initial release statement for the Blueprint SDK. That's clearly an oversight. It's also arguable that we should have had an announcement about the switch to the C++ version of the SDK that the Phoenix Labs team put together.

And speaking of their submission (as well as the Blueprint SDK which was originally developed by Joshua Lyons), we absolutely accept submissions. We're extremely open to working with our community to make the SDKs better. If you'd like to submit your branch, we can have the tools team review it and pull it in.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas