Idea

Greggory Addison avatar image
Greggory Addison suggested

FGetInventoryItemsResponse needs to return more data for the end user in Economy V2

Currently when getting the players inventory I use GetInventoryItems in the Economy API. This returns a GetInventoryItemsResponse which lets the use know the ID, type and amount of an item. This data is helpful but a lot is missing. For systems that require the name of the Item on playfab to match with the name of the item in game like mine this function is almost completely useless. I have to cache my entire store in a TMap using its ID as a key which is this long and clunky string instead of the user friendly name and then cache a custom data structure as the value. Finally I have to check my inventory items ID against that entire map to get the data I need for one item. This is not ideal and leave a lot of limits on freedom since the GetItems API call maxes out on 225 items per call.

In Economy V1 when getting the players inventory you were given a ton of data that made things alot more flexible for developers. I'm not sure of the thought process behind this but its awful. How is one to equate items I create on the store to items I have in my game without caching some crazy long string ON THE CLIENT.

This shouldn't even be a request.

Player DataIn-Game Economyunrealdata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
Steffan avatar image
Steffan commented

Yeah, this is bizarre. What am I gonna do with an unidentifiable item id? lol. It would be nice if the staff commented on this...

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

We're considering the feature.

Our original perspective was that you'd load the catalog and then load the inventory and then subsequent reloads of either would happen at different intervals. We know there's a scenario where you'd want to do both at once, and we're still looking at ways to bridge the gap.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.