Idea

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr suggested

Query a single item

The only possibility to get user's inventory is to call GetUserInventory, which gives all items for the user. Same for GetCatalogItems.

Would it be possible to not retrieve Dozens of items and then parse them in order to just query a single value, i.e. passing the item_id in the query ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

2 Comments

·
My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio commented

Should you not be caching the user inventory data clientside after a call to GetUserInventory()? This would allow you much faster lookups than REST calls for looking up data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr commented

Yes I do.

But inventory can be changed by server scripts (gifts, ...) so I have sometimes to query it again depending on context, and in that case, I would prefer to get only what I need instead of a hundred inventory items.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas