Idea

Michal Töpfer avatar image
Michal Töpfer suggested

Donwload raw event data from Event History

In the Event History page I can view and query all the data about my PlayStream Events (in JSON format). My request is to be able to download this data (in JSON or even better in XLS or CSV format), because I think it can be useful for watching players behaviour and other analytics (I have a CloudScript function to run at the end of each level - to update stats, etc. -> this would be useful to see how many times did the player play the level before he won, which is a thing I am not able to get from standard analytics tools). I know it is possible to parse it from the HTML code of the page, so I think it shouldn't be too hard for you to do.

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

In addition to using any of our integrated analytics providers, the PlayStream Archive History tab allows you to stream 100% of your events to your own S3 bucket. That is specifically designed as the way for developers to be able to get all their event data for analysis.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michal Töpfer avatar image Michal Töpfer commented ·

Yeah, I know that, but I don't understand AWS at all, so I would prefer the dowload option and play with the data in MS Excel.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Michal Töpfer commented ·

Unfortunately, an option to pull all events (or even all daily events) that way is potentially much more expensive to operate. We are planning to provide a simple guide to setting up an S3 bucket on the Archive History page, to help folks with getting that set up.

0 Likes 0 ·
sharathhere avatar image sharathhere commented ·

But playstream only provides the events of just a single user at ones. And I did not find a way to download it.

Can you explain more?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan sharathhere commented ·

As I said, the issue is that the ability to download all events would be expensive to operate - largely because it would be an unbounded cost, if people could download (and re-download) whenever they want to. We provide multiple ways for you to get 100% of the events for your title - you can set up a webhook callback, use the event archive to stream all events to your own S3 bucket, or you can use our data warehouse via our Snowflake integration. We'll be providing additional data warehouse options in the near future, as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.