Idea

Clayton H. avatar image
Clayton H. suggested

Suggestion to change semantics for 'Standby Servers' and 'Max Servers'

(I was also going to post a bug report about the incorrect price estimate shown in the UI, but I see that somebody else beat me to it, but I understand actual billing is still accurate so no worries :D)

Configuring "Servers Per Machine" and then seeing "Standby servers" and "Max servers" can be confusing to new users, especially with the pricing estimate. It was confusing to me at first, and it will be especially confusing to anyone who is new to PlayFab and sees the incorrect price estimate before that bug is fixed.

A suggestion I would like to offer is to specify the fields as "Standby VMs" and "Max VMs", or "Standby Machines" and "Max Machines". Really any name that better suggests that the number of machines is being configured instead of the number of server instances.

Personally this is not an issue for me anymore, but I definitely did some more digging to verify what "Standby Servers" and "Max Servers" meant when I used this feature for the first time.

multiplayer
pf-ui.png (49.1 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
Rich Skorski avatar image
Rich Skorski commented

+1

Even after using this for a bit, I still have to pause and think what the number's are representing. When activating builds and looking at status, we often forget if we're looking at a number of running game instances or VMs/nodes.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.