Idea

dragonfoundry avatar image
dragonfoundry suggested

PlayFab validation for rewarded adverts

Is there any way to have PlayFab do validation for rewarded video ads? Most of the services we've seen require an HTTPS connection (which, for obvious reasons, we don't want to allow to our game servers!).

Example: https://wiki.fusepowered.com/index.php?title=Rewarded_Video_Verification

apis
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Great idea! Presumably, you see this as an end-to-end, similar to our economy system, meaning that we would both validate the ad completion and provide the reward to the user in one call, to make sure there's no cheating. Do you see other requirements for this?

0 Likes 0 ·

2 Comments

·
dragonfoundry avatar image
dragonfoundry commented

That would be the absolute ideal. I imagine it'd need to be a special case for each ad mediator (though looks like Fuse's AdRally mediates a ton of them), or a wrapper around an HTTP parser so we can map the necessary fields.

The client would, I guess, get notified by the ad provider, and could then make a PlayFab call to refresh inventory/currency?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Yes, though to clarify - how I'd see this working is that the client would be able to call an API method to request the reward based upon having completed watching the ad. On our side, we would validate that with the ad provider, and then (if that checks out) give the player the reward.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.