Idea

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar suggested

Better community forums experience

I'm happy to see the forum alive with some interesting questions.
However I would like to see an improved forum post editor with at least:
- preview or edit option
- the list of the markdown rules used
- responsive UI or a mobile friendly version

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Thanks! To be very transparent, we've updated to use ZenDesk, in order to provide a better overall experience. While they don't offer post preview right now, they've heard that feedback from us (and others), so I'm hopeful it will be in their upcoming Community V2 release, which we'll be updating to as soon as it is available (and I know that better mobile-friendly options are also planned for their update).

For markdown, here's the complete list of markdown options available in ZenDesk: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203691016-Formatting-text-with-Markdown

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar commented

Hi Brendan,

In the new forums I have to login each time. Is there a way to keep my session as long as possible?

Thanks.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

The ZenDesk system, which we've moved to, doesn't currently provide a way to select the timeout period of a session, though they've stated that this is something they're looking at implementing in a future release.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

And now, we've moved to AnswerHub, in order to upgrade the community functionality. As stated in our welcome post, please be sure to let us know of any issues you encounter!

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas