Idea

Kelly Bennett avatar image
Kelly Bennett suggested

Support HTTP Status Codes

I have created an API layer with Azure Functions which responds with various status codes, but those status codes are not visible to the client when wrapped by ExecuteFunction.

For example: Say I have an Azure Function which returns an HTTP Status Code 429 when it's hit too frequently.

From PostMan I can verify that the endpoint does indeed return a 429 when I spam it like crazy

However, when I register that Azure Function with PlayFab and use PostMan to hit the Azure Function through ExecuteFunction, I never see a 429. Instead I see the same response that I see for all non-200 responses

{ "code": 400, "status": "BadRequest", "error": "CloudScriptAzureFunctionsHTTPRequestError", "errorCode": 1473, "errorMessage": "Invocation of cloud script function <Function Name> failed" }

My Client can not use this response to know to slow down polling my API, for example.

It would be very useful for ExecuteFunction to pass along the underlying HTTP status code so that clients can use those codes (or log them).

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

No Comments

·

Write a Comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.