Idea

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr suggested

2 levels of currency

It would be good to be able to manage at least 2 levels of currency as in a lot of major titles (Clash of Clan, Hay Day, ...)

- With real money you buy Hard Currency (diamonds)
- With Hard Currency you buy Soft Currency (gold)

And then items with Hard and/or Soft Currency.

If I missed something and if there is a way to handle this, I'll be pleased to read...

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

6 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Actually, you can have up to 10 virtual currencies by default in PlayFab. And if you need more, we can work with you on a contract model that would get you an exception to use more, no problem.

The way Hard vs Soft currencies normally work in games is that one is earned through in-game actions, while the other is purchased with real world money. In PlayFab, earned currency could be powered by Cloud Script calls or custom game servers, while purchased would work using our economy model, with the bundles or containers that hold the currency defined in the catalog and then purchased via a receipt validation method or integrated payment provider.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eric@begoodi.fr commented

Thanks for your answer.

I think it's possible to deal with that by Cloud Script, you are right. But it's so close to be managed by the system ;)

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Sorry, could you clarify what you mean by "But it's so close to be managed by the system"? What additional functionality are you looking for, specifically?

10 |1200

You could define that a VC can be bought with another VC, just a new field on the VC definition.

Anyway there is a workaround that you explained me about another topic :

Let's say I want to define VC2 and be able to buy it with some VC1.
I define a container containing VC2, with a price defined with some VC1.
So when I buy the container with VC1, I unlock it and VC2 is given to the user.
I just have to define the container's usage count to 1 for it to disappear when unlocked.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Correct. Or you could put it in a Bundle, and have that Bundle have a Usage Period of one second. That way, the Bundle delivers the VC and then is removed from inventory.

10 |1200

A bundle with 1 second TTL is better, thanks for the tip :)

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas