Idea

OverMalo avatar image
OverMalo suggested

Proxy: Connect with user/password (to avoid 407 error)

Hi,

It is possible indicate proxy user/password? I need to connect my application across network proxy with username validation.

Regards,

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamirais Bin Ismail avatar image Jamirais Bin Ismail commented ·

Jamirais100@jamirais100.onm

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Likes 0 ·

6 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

So, you're attempting to hit an external resource (something other than PlayFab) from the Client, is that correct? Normally, I would expect that you would do so via a Web API call to that service directly, but could you clarify the scenario in which you're hitting a 407 for that service?

Are you trying to call it from Cloud Script, perhaps? If so, you can use the http functionality in Cloud Script to make any calls needed to obtain a token from the service - we have titles which do this in communication with OAuth-secured services currently.

Alternately, if this is for a web game hosted in another service, could you let us know which service this is concerning? We do have integrations with some web-hosted game services (like Kongregate and Facebook).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

OverMalo avatar image
OverMalo commented

Hi,

I work in 2 places: home and office. In my home i have no problems but in the office, the network uses a proxy server. I have a username/password to comunicate with the outside across the proxy server.

I get the error trying to login with android device from my pc using playfab sdk.

I will use photon turnbased with playfab, but now i have "problems" with login in the network with proxy server.

I don´t need this option on my final realese, only during my development cycle.

Thanks,

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

I see - so you want to be able to supply your network credentials to your proxy server, in order to make the Web API calls to our service. That's not part of our current SDK logic, but I'll add this to our backlog as a feature request (and I'm moving this request to that forum, so that others can vote on it, to help with prioritization).

In the near-term, you could use the WebProxy class (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.webproxy(v=vs.110).aspx) to enable this for your testing.

10 |1200

OverMalo avatar image
OverMalo commented

This is it! :-)

Unity has some problems with HttpWebRequest and certificates (the used mono version seems to be the problem). I have tested HttpWebRequest with proxy from a Console Application on Visual Studio and everything is ok with playfab HTTP. But, inside Unity I receive webexception about certificates...

Fixed with this:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/access-web-service-via-https-using-proxy-class.45538/

To my purpose is enough right now.

Thank you,

10 |1200

Jamirais Bin Ismail avatar image
Jamirais Bin Ismail commented

1 comment
10 |1200

0 Likes 0 ·
Jamirais Bin Ismail avatar image
Jamirais Bin Ismail commented

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas