Idea

Marlon avatar image
Marlon suggested

User Login on Multiple Device Dashboard Controller

It would be very handy for us admins to be able to have the option to choose if we want our users to be able to login on multiple devices at the same time freely, or if we want our users to only be allowed to login on one device at a time. Of course having this on our dashboard as an easy toggle checkmark would be ideal.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

10 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Thanks, we'll add that to the backlog. Question, though: If a live title has a person signed in multiple times from different locations and the toggle is flipped in the admin control panel, presumably they would be unaffected until their next login. Or would you expect it to kick off the second session which was started?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marlon avatar image
Marlon commented

That's a great question to consider. Being unaffected until their next login is not a big deal at all. Kicking off the second session could cause some bugs and annoyances perhaps. They could be in the middle of something important and getting just randomly kicked off could look bad and possibly something important didn't save when they got kicked. So the first option would be ideal to me. Also in my opinion, it should be up to the developer to decide this before he/she releases the title to the public. I know I would.

10 |1200

Marlon avatar image
Marlon commented

Also Brendanv, what exactly does adding this to your backlog mean?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

I tend to agree with you on the behavior - best to err on the side of caution.

Our backlog is the set of outstanding work items that await prioritization. Priorities are driven by two things - the needs of our platform overall (our long-term goals) and the aggregated requests of our developer community. In this case, I should have stated that we were adding your name to the backlog item for this, as we have heard it at least once before. The more developers tell us what is important to them, the more that helps us with prioritization.

10 |1200

Marlon avatar image
Marlon commented

Sounds perfect brendanv, this would be a great addition to PlayFab's unbeatable services! I hope this becomes a feature soon, it would be very useful to the success of our project, and I know many developers will find this feature beneficial. Thanks again brendanv, for starting the necessary steps in getting this feature implemented.

10 |1200

Ryan avatar image
Ryan commented

I too believe this would be a useful feature for Playfab to have. Would love to know when this comes out.

10 |1200

jalexlarrimore avatar image
jalexlarrimore commented

Has this feature been implemented yet?

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

No, the change required for this is a session-based login system (the current ticket system provides tickets which themselves define their timeout period, and cannot be invalidated). We'll be working on this update in an upcoming sprint, but we don't have a specific date as of yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
takimio avatar image
takimio commented

I have the same question as above. And I also need urgent for my project. I hope to update it quickly, because there is too much demand from the community but they have been waiting too long for this feature.

2 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Sorry, but there are quite a few features that have had more requests ahead of this one. We will be providing a true session-based model in a future update, so that you can do this sort of thing (kick a player off a device when they sign in on a new device), but for now I would recommend using the workaround described in this post: https://community.playfab.com/questions/382/206721757-How-to-prevent-duplicate-login-.html

0 Likes 0 ·
takimio avatar image takimio commented ·

Thanks Bredan !

0 Likes 0 ·
cqatproject avatar image
cqatproject commented

Waiting for this feature to be implemented..

10 |1200

sevdanski avatar image
sevdanski commented

I would be interested in a feature like this

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas