Idea

Rich Joslin avatar image
Rich Joslin suggested

how best do I limit item grants based on existing inventory?

Let's say I want to give a player some cards, but I never want them to have more than 3 of a certain card. I want to be able to keep giving them cards but never let them exceed the inventory limit. Is there anything built-in for that, or should I use Cloud Script to manage that? (thus not being able to grant items in the Game Manager)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
Rich Joslin avatar image
Rich Joslin commented

I guess a simpler way of saying this is:
I would like inventory items to have optional quantity caps.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

What you're looking for is inventory scarcity - the ability to specify that a user can only have N of any given item (another version is being able to specify that across all players, there can only be N instances of an item, though there are many who feel this is damaging to the game, since a player who leaves the game could effectively remove an item from play entirely). This is on our backlog, and I've added you to the work item, to make sure we're tracking on everyone who has asked for it.

1 comment
10 |1200

tourtellotronald2020 avatar image tourtellotronald2020 commented ·

This was 7 years ago. Has his been implemented? I see a checkbox on inventory for limited edition but that looks like its for total supply, not per player

0 Likes 0 ·
Rich Joslin avatar image
Rich Joslin commented

Thanks! Yeah, for the record, I'm not going to want global scarcity. Just per-player limits.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas