Idea

pdaz avatar image
pdaz suggested

Ban reason and time

Many players start asking me why he was banned. Some of them rate my app 1 star. It would be cool if you add ban reason and time player is banned until.

Player Data
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nazariy Tymkiv avatar image Nazariy Tymkiv commented ·

Plus, i think this is must have feature at PF SDK

1 Like 1 ·

4 Comments

·
giripputra avatar image
giripputra commented

I am looking forward to this idea, it would be really informational to the players

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aurecasstudios avatar image
aurecasstudios commented

I believe this feature have already been implemented, as seen here:

1 comment
10 |1200

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Yes, however this information cannot be returned to the client if the user is banned. It seems that it would be "improbable" for PlayFab to implement this in the current system, since Client calls require the user to be logged in, and the user cannot be logged in if the user is banned.

Perhaps an alternative for PlayFab would be to allow the user to login but fail every call except for something like GetUserBans()?

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com commented

To add to this, I think some platforms do require a ban reason and time limit to be available to the player if they are banned.

10 |1200

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com commented

I think this can now be marked as Completed. In Title Settings > API Features, you can enable Expose Ban Reason/Time to Client, and then the client will receive the string "[Reason]: [Time Ban Expires]" if banned

5 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

True - thanks for calling that out!

1 Like 1 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Correction to above (can't edit): Ban Reason and Expiration will be in the login ErrorDetails, with the reason being the dictionary Key and the expiration time being the First/Default element in the Value (a string List).

0 Likes 0 ·
SniperED007 avatar image SniperED007 brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Is this currently live? As my ErrorDetails dictionary comes back as NULL.

I've made sure that I checked "ALLOW CLIENT ACCESS TO PROFILE PROPERTIES" - "Banned until time" I've banned the player for 2 hours, yet I only get the error message "The account making this request is currently banned"

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com SniperED007 commented ·

@edwarddennekamp You need to also enable it in API Features:

Title Settings > API Features > [Enable] Allow client to view ban reason and duration

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.