Idea

John Robinson avatar image
John Robinson suggested

Unity PlayFab EdEx - Add support for Microsoft account & 2FA sign in

The Playfab Unity Extension does not currently support signing in to an account that was created using "Create with Microsoft" (AAD authentication).

Workarounds currently include installing the PlayFabUnitySDK manually, or creating a second PlayFab account with a standard username/password (and adding it as an admin to your main project if you want to access the title through Unity).

Please consider support for signing in to MS accounts via the PlayFab EdEx.

It is currently possible to enable PlayFab 2FA on an account created using MS which also, separately, has 2FA enabled. That would need to be a consideration in the login flow.

unity3dAccount ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4 Comments

·
Resul avatar image
Resul commented

Same here :(

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tran Tuan Anh avatar image
Tran Tuan Anh commented

You know what's funny?? You can even create a playfab account with the same email and password as you Microsoft account and you can even invite yourself to your project =='

10 |1200

daniel-ba avatar image
daniel-ba commented

Please fix this very old issue. Creating a dummy account to get around it feels bad for the admin and the developer.

2 comments
10 |1200

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

What's the Unity PlayFab EdEx version you are using? Support for Microsoft account has been added in version 2.154.221107. Please update to the latest version with https://aka.ms/PlayFabUnityEdEx to use it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Frans Jan Poort avatar image Frans Jan Poort JayZuo ♦ commented ·

The issue isn't that we cannot log in with a Microsoft account, because that works for accounts that have been created via the "common way" with setting up a new username and password.

The issue here is that people create a new Playfab account by "Sign in with Microsoft", we never setup a password for the account becasue we use AAD authentication. The Unity Playfab EdEx doesn't support logging in for these accounts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Frans Jan Poort avatar image
Frans Jan Poort commented

Please fix this issue as we are still unable to sign in with accounts that are created via "Sign in with Microsoft". I am using the latest version of the Unity Playfab EdEx

2 comments
10 |1200

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

May I know what the error is when you click "Sign in with Microsoft"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Frans Jan Poort avatar image Frans Jan Poort JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Hi JayZuo, there is no error. The thing is that we want the option to Sign in with Microsoft in the Unity Playfab EdEx. That isn't possible at all at the moment. I created my Playfab account in my browser a while ago with the option "Sign in with Microsoft", but I can't use that account in the Unity EdEx, because I never set a password for it. And the only option to login to the Unity EdEx is via username/password.

Hope this makes it a bit more clear?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.