Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Multiple cloud script files

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

brainbeat.club
started a topic on Fri, 15 May 2015 at 5:38 AM

Are you planning to allow using multiple scripting files?

Because as it seems my script will be very large.

3 Comments
johntube said on Fri, 15 May 2015 at 8:09 AM

As mentioned in this interesting video (a console admin app for PlayFab), the Admin API call UpdateCloudScript can have multiple files as argument !

Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 15 May 2015 at 9:00 AM

Yes, we designed the Cloud Script system for multiple files, but we do have a bit of work remaining - specifically around dependencies between the files - before we can enable that. Right now, please do maintain your logic in one Cloud Script.

brainbeat.club said on Fri, 15 May 2015 at 9:02 AM

This is good news.

I'll wait for this feature release.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

As of our update to add GitHub integration for Cloud Script management, you can now use multiple files in a Cloud Script. All the files are concatenated when the revision is updated via a GitHub update.

10 |1200

mzaku avatar image
mzaku commented

The feature does not seem to work anymore as of today.

Our Github repo hierarchy for testing is as follows:

root

root/cloudscript.js

root/makeApiCall.js

root/playstream-events/completedLevel.js

With all those files having CloudScript-Content from the example file being split up into multiple files.

The web client recognized the pushed changes as a new revision, but the generated cloudscript-file only contained the content from root/cloudscript.js

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

I've just re-tested, and in my own project, I'm seeing the behavior as remaining unchanged - all JavaScript files in the root of the master branch are concatenated and posted as a new revision whenever the master branch is updated. To be clear, it's only the root directory that's read from, not sub-directories, but both files you have at the root should be there. If that's not what you're seeing, can you please provide your Title ID and add GitHub username bvanous to your repo?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas