Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Silent login on Windows Phone

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Joel
started a topic on Thu, 07 May 2015 at 10:09 AM

Hi, I'm looking to implement a frictionless login in my game that is currently available on Windows Phone. Is there any API call like LoginWithIOSDeviceID for Windows Phone? Or perhaps could I use the LoginWithIOSDeviceID method using the WP id? Thanks for any thoughts.

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 07 May 2015 at 4:09 PM

Hi Joel,

We have a request for WLID sign in (here: https://support.playfab.com/discussions/topics/1000052379), but this is the first request we've had for using DeviceUniqueId. I'm moving this into the Feature Requests area, to let others vote on it to help us understand how helpful it would be (we prioritize in part based upon feedback from our community). For right now, I would have to recommend using a low-friction sign-in mechanism, like Facebook.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

One way to manage this now would be by using LoginWithCustomId, which lets you specify a locally-known identifier as the credential for sign-in to an account. Care should be taken to only ever use this with a value you are confident will stay secure to the local device.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

We would recommend using Windows Hello (GetWindowsHelloChallenge/LoginWithWindowsHello) for login on Windows Phone.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas