Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Request Custom Fields in Leaderboard Results

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

10 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

jonnybee12345
started a topic on Fri, 01 May 2015 at 4:19 AM

Would be really useful if we add a list of fields/properties to include in returned leaderboard results, personally I'd find it really useful to include profile image urls or facebook ids etc so I can populate my results table with more than just a display name without further processing/lookup.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hassen Maghroum avatar image
Hassen Maghroum commented

Hi all,

Yes I think this should really useful, i have the same needs for my game to get the player (user) custom data and stats with the leaderboard and the friend list.

Hassen

10 |1200

I have already used a work around for the case by implementing a loop between request and result of the GetUserCombinedInfo for the friend list. This should work for the moment but I think PlayFab will not allow that much of service calls when there lots of player.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

You are correct that doing that would be outside the scope of our fair use policy, as it would mean sending potentially dozens of calls to our service in rapid succession. The way to think of the calls overall is that across all calls to the service, you shouldn't be making more than one every couple of seconds, when averaged across a user's session. So some bursts of calls are fine, but on average, the call rate needs to be reasonable. And making many calls to the same data source all at once isn't really supportable, as it does not scale effectively, as you point out.

What you could do, as I pointed out in the other thread, is make one call to GetFriendsList, and use that to populate the info for friends in call to one of the friends leaderboard API calls.

10 |1200

Actually the FriendInfo Result gives no Custom User information and no User Stats witch is i require for my game. Kindly find below few leaderboard and friends list of some successful games that I'm looking to make similar (Leaderboard and Friend List):

All of them contain some custom user info's like Leage, level, win and lose games, player Photo....

10 |1200

Can this be done through cloud script?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

To be clear, what I'm saying is that you can get the list of friends, with all their basic info (username, etc.) from GetFriendsList. That would allow you to populate that information into a friends-specific leaderboard. This Feature Request is specifically providing for multiple columns of data, coupled with a leaderboard entry, so that you can have a range of information stored with each player's entry, as in your screenshots. This is not a capability we offer right now, but it is on our backlog, and we're tracking on user requests. I would recommend voting up the request (above), to help with that.

10 |1200

Thank you very mach for your fast reply's.

I vote for this capability to added to PlayFab.

10 |1200

Wayne Karo avatar image
Wayne Karo commented

We vote for this.  We have created a leaderboard ranked by score, but score is the combination of several pieces of player data.  A leaderboard with 20 players even takes prohibitively long to create.

In general, we would like to pass in a list of user IDs and get all associated data or data we specify in response.

10 |1200

quanpn82 avatar image
quanpn82 commented

Hi @Brendan

These feature is available to use?

I also wish PlayFab have this api

Many thanks

Quan

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Not currently, no. The purpose of the Feature Requests forum is to provide another input to our prioritization process. Between this and our 1-on-1 meetings with developers, we get a lot of feedback on the things people need. We use that as an input to our planning process when we're figuring out what we'll be working on each sprint. The data (columns) for leaderboards is a fairly popular topic though, so I do believe that we'll be working to get this into our schedule later this year.

1 Like 1 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas