Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Verification emal when registering a new game user

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

7 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

vetcat
started a topic on Sun, 01 February 2015 at 2:15 PM

Is it possible to validate an email asking you to verify email ?

What if the user has written a non-existent e-mail when registering ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

e.timofeev@flexilestudio.com avatar image
e.timofeev@flexilestudio.com commented

What about Verification for new users?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Interesting - it looks like this is a post which was only partially pulled over from our old system. Thanks for pinging on this one, as it raised its visibility, so that we can update it.

Right now, we do not provide an email verification system for player accounts. We do have a backlog item for this, but we prioritize in part based on the aggregate (how many titles need the feature). Since verification introduces friction to the player experience and has a strongly negative influence on retention, it's not something very many people have asked for, so it hasn't bubbled to the top in our prioritization yet.

Also, on the original question, while we do validate that the email address is valid in terms of format, it's not technically possible for us to validate that it's the correct email address for the user, or that the address exists on the domain in question without introducing severe delays to the process.

10 |1200

jacquelinemayne avatar image
jacquelinemayne commented

Is it possible to implement a solution similar to what PlayFab uses when accounts are being created?

My team first sent me the "PlayFab Account Invitation" email to begin the process, I set my account up, then I received an email asking me to verify my email before I was able to log in. This would be the perfect solution for our purpose.

If this isn't offered by PlayFab, have you got a suggestion for an alternative way of making this happen?

Thanks,
Jack

2 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

We have email verification for developer accounts. This request is for an email verification system titles can use for players. The principal difference is around the communication requirement - being able to customize the emails, and potentially localize them.

0 Likes 0 ·
hernanperez85 avatar image hernanperez85 commented ·

Hello Jack, have you find any solution or suggestion to implement the email verification issue? Right now I'm trying to implement the same in my project, so any suggestion will be appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
tc avatar image
tc commented

I'd like to see email account confirmation messages for players as well. It could be done if Cloud Script accepted GET requests. The friction of email address entry is balanced by the benefit of verifiable users.

10 |1200

yehor avatar image
yehor commented

Any info on how to implement email verification as registration proccess?

1 comment
10 |1200

nickpruehs avatar image
nickpruehs commented

Is this available now? I'm pretty sure this is required by EU law, and we need to have this on our game as well.

5 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

All Feature Requests marked "Completed" (like this one) are available functionality. Have a look at this post for more info on this feature:

https://api.playfab.com/blog/announcing-email-messaging

0 Likes 0 ·
nickpruehs avatar image nickpruehs brendan commented ·

Thanks Brendan! I was aware of that - however, we're not talking about the contact e-mail, but about account registration, as the people above.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan nickpruehs commented ·

There's no EU law that I know of which requires emails used for account logins to be verified, but feel free to point me to the relevant site if there's a new requirement we should review.

For the specific feature, the way to do this would be to use the contact email address. That's the email address that will always be used for any emails sent using our service. Just set it to the same address the player used for account creation, and then follow the process described in this tutorial (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-automation/using-a-rule-to-verify-a-contact-email-address).

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas