Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

More Google integration

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

johntube
started a topic on Mon, 19 January 2015 at 4:31 PM

Google integration with PlayFab is lacking some API calls unlike facebook.

These are the first useful requests I could think of :

LinkGoogleWithPlayFab

UnlinkGoogleWithPlayFab

GetPlayFabIDsFromGoogleIDs

Thanks,

7 Comments
johntube said on Tue, 20 January 2015 at 5:11 PM

I really liked the fact that a lot of data is gathered from Google (Google ID, Google Name, Google gender, Google Photo, Google Locale and Google+) unlike facebook but there is no way to get those data from PlayFab directly instead of re-getting them from the client side using the Google+ API.

Is there a way to make this happen in a seperate API call or even add the GoogleInfo in the GetAccountInfo result.

johntube said on Thu, 12 March 2015 at 4:04 PM

In addition to the above two posts, the displayed Google account info is messy/ugly.

Looking for voters.

johntube said on Wed, 08 April 2015 at 4:15 PM

up

Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 05 May 2015 at 10:41 AM

Now available in the Client SDK:

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/LinkGoogleAccount

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/UnlinkGoogleAccount

johntube said on Tue, 05 May 2015 at 4:56 PM

@Brendan : I'm still waiting for the equivalent of GetPlayFabIDsFromFacebookIDs for Google connections !

johntube said on Fri, 15 May 2015 at 8:00 AM

The GetFriendsList should also return Google friends/connections, an optional "IncludeGoogleFriends" could be also added to the API call.

Brendan Vanous said on Mon, 15 June 2015 at 7:48 PM

GetPlayFabIDsFromGoogleIDs (as well as Game Center, Steam, and PSN) are now available in the Client SDK.

johntube said on Wed, 07 Oct at 2:55 PM

I want to know if you're planning to add an option in GetFriendsList to retrieve Google+ contacts in the future or not.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar commented

I had to repost this as it was lost during transition to the new community forums.

I want to know if you're planning to make it possible to return Google+ contacts using GetFriendsList.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Hi Hamza,

As I said in the post on the transition to the new site, we're working to bring all the remaining posts into the new site as quickly as we can, but it will take a few days for that to happen.

In answer to your question, yes, we do have a backlog item to review the Contacts API and add an option to include those friends in our existing friends queries, if Google provides the necessary hooks. This work isn't scheduled, so I can't provide a date for this yet, but we've added your name to the list for tracking purposes (so that we know how many people are asking for this).

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas