Idea

daniele.ricci@tlmpartnersinc.com avatar image
daniele.ricci@tlmpartnersinc.com suggested

PlayFab Manger Vs Admin API set

Hi all,

first of all I have to say that PlayFab Manager is really a great tool...

... but it is agnostic about the game logic, that's why we decided to do a game specific customer support admin panel.

The first problem I found is about changing Player Login Email address: there is no API call to do that; as a workaround I put in our panel a web link to PlayFab Manager page where this action can be taken.

As you can easily understand this "solution" has several problems:

- the customer support operator needs to login twice: on internal panel and in PlayFab Manager, this results in a waste of time for the customer support operators;

- the customer support operator has to jump between two browser tabs, this results in additional waste of time for the customer support operators;

- we need to manage customer support operator roles both in our panel and in PlayFab Manager, this results in a waste of time for the customer support managers.

The second problem I found is about searching for a player: once again there is no API call to do that; as a workaround I perform several PlayFabAdmin.GetUserAccountInfo calls with various parameters sets with a clear waste of resources both on our side and on PlayFab side.

More than this I noticed that searching for a player on PlayFab Manager through its Title Display Name without the ending "#nnnn" part works (the player is found) while performing PlayFabAdmin.GetUserAccountInfo request with the same string as TitleDisplayName parameter doesn't work (no players are found).

At the end I need to put in our customer service panel at least two warnings like "this action can be performed only on PlayFam Manager, please use it" and honestly this is enough to say that our custom admin panel is quite far to something we can call a good product.

The fact that PlayFab Mangar is able to do this stuff is a clear proof that there aren't big technical issues adding at least these two APIs to the Admin API set.

I think the lack of these two APIs is a great issue of PlayFab APIs moreover if we consider we are speaking about the main admin operation (searching for a player) and a so basic admin operation (changing player's email address).

Thank you in advance for your time and cooperation,

Daniele Ricci

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

No Comments

·

Write a Comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.