Idea

brendan avatar image
brendan suggested

Tableau integration

gwertzman
started a topic on Tue, 08 July 2014 at 3:34 PM

I really want to be able to access my analytics data from Tableau -- is this possible? Someone told me that it was possible using RedShift, and I think you guys are using RedShift, right?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

1 Comment
rtomandl said on Thu, 07 August 2014 at 1:17 PM

We have added Tableau integration! Contact info@playfab.com for more information

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan commented

You can set up an S3 bucket for all your events via the PlayStream Event Archive. If you're a Tableau user, we can get you the config files needed to set up a job to automatically propagate that data into database rows in Redshift.

10 |1200

Julius Hipolito avatar image
Julius Hipolito commented

I noticed that there is no Tableau add-on present, is S3 still the means of pushing to RedShift? Or would you suggest utilizing Snowflake and have Tableau pull from there?

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

For analytics, we have several routes that can be used with Tableau - you can export your data to S3 and then ingest to Redshift, you can use the Snowflake integration, or you can use the new Azure Data Explorer integration (https://blog.playfab.com/blog/announcing-playfab-insights). It really just depends upon your preference.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas