Idea

hello-1 avatar image
hello-1 suggested

One PlayFab ID for all PlayFab enabled games?

I am currently in the process of implementing the Game Services potion in my game, which includes Device Login and later on Account links with either social media or just an email.

Now I was wondering If I can have a PlayFab ID, which works with the later games my studio publishes and thus creating a cross-over profile for the player for games published by my studio.

But then I think that instead of just present in the games from one company why not make PlayFab ID like Steam or PSN?

One PlayFab ID to rule them all, bring them all under one umbrella, reward them for completing diffrent games and maybe pool all their virutalgoods togther for trade?

unity3dAccount ManagementIn-Game EconomyAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

The first part of what you describe is specifically how the PlayFab ID in your game works. All players in your game have a Master Player Account and a Title Player Account. A player signing an auth mechanism that results in the same identifier from that service - like an Android device ID - has the same Master Player Record across all games in your studio. That's what enables Player Publisher Data (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/playerdata/using-player-publisher-data), allowing you to do things like cross-game rewards.

When it comes to having a single ID across all studios, the question becomes for what purpose? PlayFab is a backend service for games and other applications, but it's not a platform. There is no PlayFab dashboard for end-users, and so nowhere for a player to go to do something like trading virtual goods between unrelated games. Is the request that PlayFab develop a complete Platform offering?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hello-1 avatar image hello-1 commented ·

After posting this question, I realized that Microsoft already has XBOX Live accounts. So I think I should have really created a new post for allowing authentication via XBOX Live instead of reinventing the cycle.

Thank you for the Publisher link, I am new to this, getting used to the environment. Learning new features everyday.

Keep up the good work

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.