Idea

Toni Palm avatar image
Toni Palm suggested

Possibility to call Azure Functions from CloudScript

Now that the Azure Functions are somewhat supported, it would be cool to have an integrated way to call Azure Functions from the CloudScript. This would make it easier to migrate some of the CloudScript code to Azure without needing to migrate everything.

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Can you clarify why you would need to do this? The point of Azure Functions is that you can have much longer-running calls if you need to, so calling them from legacy Cloud Script would be counterproductive, since the legacy engine would time out.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Toni Palm avatar image Toni Palm commented ·

It's this part: "This would make it easier to migrate some of the CloudScript code to Azure without needing to migrate everything". For example I would like to store the player's deck to an external database for advanced querying which is impossible with PlayFab. So I could just move these parts to Azure, and let the rest of the stuff live in CloudScript, and continue developing other new features.

At the moment I need to spend days moving all the related code Azure, building new tools and test frameworks, and fighting with the new problems caused by the Azure integration, just to get this relatively small part to work.

I do understand that CloudScript is unreliable and you would like us to move everything to Azure, but I would like to do that slowly, one part at a time.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.