Idea

bda2206@gmail.com avatar image
bda2206@gmail.com suggested

Get Shared Group Data List by userID

Hi,

well, I created a stack of sharedgroupData but didn't keep track of the IDs, because I thought I'd be able to clean up afterwards but there's not any way to find the shared group data.

so I'd like/need

GetGroupDataList, both as the user and as a server function (pass in a UserID) which would return the list of group data that the player belongs to. somethng like this

{"Data" : {"GroupDataList" : "sd-2FDA2D38F89548DE,sd-D6B67B884FE3BC47"}}

thanks guys!

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4 Comments

·
bda2206@gmail.com avatar image
bda2206@gmail.com commented

as the server function, it should also pull all the SharedGroupIDs for the Title if no UserID is passed.

I'll need to go through and delete stale data once things are going.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ryancoastek avatar image
ryancoastek commented

This is an awesome idea. Also helps when trying to keep track of whether a user is already in a shared group if you would like to restrict the user to one group.

10 |1200

dan avatar image
dan commented

Yes! If you haven’t kept track of shared groups while testing, there is no way to clean up. Not good!

10 |1200

Douglas Winning avatar image
Douglas Winning commented

Hello, has there been an update to this? I am making a turn based game with PlayFab and my use case is this:

1) User creates a new game with himself (Player1) and Player 2

2) A New Shared Group Data is created with Player 1 and Player 2 as members

3) Player 2 is offline at the time

How can Player 2 tell what Shared Group Data they have been added to when they sign in?

Thanks,

Doug

2 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Unfortunately, Shared Group Data is unlikely to see any further development. To be candid, it was a limited solution designed for sharing data between a small number of players in turn-based games. I would recommend using our Entity Groups now, using either Object or File data for your use case.

0 Likes 0 ·
Douglas Winning avatar image Douglas Winning brendan commented ·

Thanks for the insight, I will check that out instead :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.