Idea

alexm-1 avatar image
alexm-1 suggested

Improved matchmaking queue management APIs

Presently, there is no way to achieve creation or deletion of matchmaking queues via the web API. This precludes complete devops automation as it requires that some human always needs to login into the web game manager, and manually configure the queues via the online GUI. Hence, the absence of these APIs denies the potential to have any truly automated build and deploy process if the matchmaking features of PlayFab are to be used. @Sarah Zhang has suggested this might not be an issue because of the perception that queues would not need to be regularly managed, but I believe this to be a false argument: ultimately, the issue is that full devops automation is not possible by lack of this API, and the frequency with which such automation may be executed is irrelevant if it is not possible to do it in the first place. This goes in line with other requests already posted to allow better title management via the web APIs: in general, not being able to programmatically manage PlayFab infrastructure creates a human bottle neck. I would hope at least to be able to perform basic create, edit, and delete operations on matchmaking queues via the web API so that human interfacing with the web portal could be entirely removed from the deployment process.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
Markus Henschel avatar image
Markus Henschel commented

Maybe I'm overlooking something but we create matchmaking queues using the C# SDK:

In PlayFabMultiplayerAPI there is:

ListMatchmakingQueuesAsync

RemoveMatchmakingQueueAsync

SetMatchmakingQueueAsync

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.