Idea

Daniel González avatar image
Daniel González suggested

Unregister user from push notifications when the device ID is unlinked from their account.

It makes no sense to keep sending push notifications to a device that is unlinked from a user account.

It doesn't seem to be a method to unregister a user from push notifications.

My use case is a single user app with Facebook and Google logins.

A user installs the app on their Android device, and logs in. This creates a new user, with a Facebook account and an AndroidDevice linked. Also, registers it for push notifications.

The user uninstalls the app and gives the Android device to another person. The other person installs the app again, and registers using Facebook.

I can't assume that the same AndroidDevice is the same user, because those were different Facebook accounts. So I create a new user and link the Facebook account, and link the AndroidDevice, and of course it registers for push notifications.

When using LinkAndroidDeviceIDRequest with the ForceLink parameter set to true, the first user is unlinked, but the push notifications information remains, so the same device will receive push notifications for both users.

Original question here:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/33738/there-is-no-way-of-unregistering-users-from-push-n.html?childToView=33752#answer-33752

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
Dmitry Statsenko avatar image
Dmitry Statsenko commented

We also need Unregister feature because it's related to our Account System. We don't want users to receive Push Notifications addressed to the user with the wrong PlayFabId after logout or account switch, both Android and iOS.

I see only a workaround for Android (FCM topic subscription usage) but didn't test it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.