Idea

Planet 316 avatar image
Planet 316 suggested

Segment - really free or not?

I noticed Segment was available as an add-on. It seemed like a good option and on Playfab's add-on tab it says it is free.

However, when I went to Segments website, it doesn't appear to actually be free beyond 50k api calls.

The question is, is it really free (maybe a partnership between Playfab and Segment?). Or is Segments "free" just referring to 50k calls, which isn't very much considering Playfab also makes their own calls to Segment when it's turned on. I could see the API calls stacking up really high in a larger game.

Thank you for your time.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

For most of our integrations, we have business arrangements with the companies in question, so that we can not only do the technical integration, but also take care of the billing so that you only get one bill for your title (and offer those services at or below the price you'd get going to them directly).

However, our Segment integration is purely a technical one at the moment - the Free statement on the description page specifically refers to the fact that there is no change from PlayFab for using it. If we can negotiate an agreement with Segment which would allow us to offer a business integration similar to our other Add-ons we will. For the moment, the billing relationship that a title developer would have with Segment is a direct one, so the price from them would be as shown on their site.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas