Idea

yannka avatar image
yannka suggested

ValidateGooglePlayPurchase : Add a CatalogVersion parameter and make the response more verbose

Hi everyone,

I have a game already published and I would like to update the catalog to add some new purchasable items. Not to interfere with the catalog already published, I created a new catalog that includes the new items. Before publishing the update, obviously I would like to try to buy my new items, to check if everything is alright. But when I want to Validate the purchase, I bump into the error "There is no item in the catalog with an ID matching the product ID in the receipt".
I have triple checked the product ID, of course, and I highly suspect this error to occur because I try to purchase an item that is not in the main catalog yet.
Thus, I would like to propose to add a CatalogVersion parameter in the ValideGooglePlayPurchase (and in any other Validation function actually) in order to be able to define in which catalog is the item to buy.

Moreover, currently the response of these Validation methods are empty. It would be very useful to add at least the ItemId in the response, or all the informations about the item, or even better, the updated player's inventory. This way, it wouldn't be necessary to perform an extra request on the client side to fully refresh the player's data.

I hope these idea would find any support :)

Cheers!

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

No Comments

·

Write a Comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.